Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sony's Yule Log DVD series


Sony Legacy have released a series of DVDs combining hit Christmas albums from the Sony vaults with "your choice of three heart-warming holiday scenes".  The series includes albums from Mariah Carey, Elvis Presley, Johnny Mathis, Andy Williams, and REO Speedwagon among others.

I'm tempted to pick one of these up since the price is right (less than $12), and I'm a total Yule Log addict. I'm a bit put off by the fact that you only get one album per disc, less than an hour of music seems like a missed opportunity. I tend to leave videos like these running in the background for hours at a time, often with my own music playing . There's no way I want to hear even my favorite Christmas LP over and over again all day. I'd have also preferred Blu-Ray, or at least a combo disc.

Here's Amazon's list of Sony's Yule Log DVDs

I'll probably go with the compilation  "A Traditional Christmas"
1. It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year -Johnny Mathis
2. The Christmas Song -Chris Botti
3. Frosty The Snowman- MItch Miller & The Gang
4. Silver Bells-Andy Williams
5. Jingle Bells-Willie Nelson
6. Pretty Paper-Roy Orbison
7. The Little Drummer Boy -Johnny Cash
8. Winter Wonderland -Aretha Franklin
9. O Holy Night -Mahalia Jackson
10. Silent Night -Babyface
11. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer-Gene Autry
12. Santa Baby- Eartha Kitt
13. The Twelve Days Of Christmas- The Norman Luboff Choir
14. What Child Is This (Greensleeves) -Percy Faith
15. Snow- Rosemary Clooney with Percy Faith & His Orchestra & The Mellomen
16. White Christmas -Frank Sinatra with Bobby Tucker Singers; Arranged & conducted by Axel Stordahl
I could probably handle this song selection a couple of times in a row if I had to.